The Code of Conduct of the GFL is herewith specifically incorporated into these rules of conduct that apply to each association, coach, trainer, participant, cheerleader, or spectator. In addition to the precepts set forth in the Code of Conduct, the following may result in a fine to the member association or a suspension or expulsion of the coach, participant (football or cheerleading), spectator, team, or association involved.
The following constitutes prohibitive conduct:
- Conduct may result in the imposition of a fine against the association and/or suspension or expulsion of the association, coach, participant, participant, official, or spectator from any GFL sanctioned activity.
- Any spectator who is asked by a GFL Officer or a GFL Representative to leave the confines of the arena and refuses to do so will subject the person so refusing to leave to suspension or expulsion from the GFL and the association to a fine.
- The use of any tobacco product within the confines of a playing field. A violation of this provision will result in a fine to the member association of $100.00 per violation.
- Profanity will not be tolerated.
- Two flags thrown on the bench during any one game for two or more acts of conduct of anyone on the bench will result in the removal of the head coach from that game.
- Any coach who is personally charged with two or more flags during a season may be suspended from participation in the GFL for the remainder of the season for all practices and all games, and/or the association will be subject to possible suspension or fine as determined by the GFL voting membership.
- Any participant who is ejected from a game on two or more occasions during one season is subject to suspension or expulsion from the GFL.
- Being under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance, consumption of, or the possession of any alcohol or any controlled substance is specifically prohibited. This prohibition relates to any practice, any game, or any GFL sponsored activity. Any individual in violation of this rule shall at a minimum be barred from the practice, game, or activity for that day. The second violation within any one season shall result in suspension or expulsion from the GFL.
- Use of noise-makers, except cow bells, thunder sticks and shakers, are not allowed at GFL games.(Shakers being described as empty plastic bottles, no larger than 20 ounces, filled with beans, rice, and/or glitter.) A violation may result in a fine to the association.
- A referee's flag thrown against the stands will be considered a flag against the bench. Such a flag will not be charged as a personal flag against any coach. Any conduct from a participant, coach, cheerleader, or participant that is deemed in contravention of the Code of Conduct of the Gwinnett Football League may, in addition to the penalties outlined herein, result in the GFL imposing a penalty of forfeiture of one or more of all games previously played.
- All coaches and all trainers are required to wear shirts, baseball-type caps, and/or jackets which clearly identify them as a member of the coaching staff. No one absent the coaches and trainers should be on the bench during a game. Water boys and/or managers must be clearly identifiable with a road vest. Each team is responsible for providing their own vest for their team water boys for all home and away games. They are also responsible for the cleanliness of the vest. The vest should be kept in each team's trainer's bag. Violation of this rule may result in a fine to the association.
- All coaches, trainers, and those on the bench area during a game are expected to dress in an appropriate manner. Long hair is to be restrained, cut-off jeans are not allowed, emblazoned t-shirts are prohibited, and other dress that is deemed to invite laughter is prohibited. Shoes must be worn at all times. A violation of these standards may result in a fine being assessed against the member association.
- Any coach or participant who is ejected by a game official for violation of the aforementioned rules of the GFL or the GFL Code of Conduct must leave the confines of the arena. Failure to do so will subject the person so refusing to leave to suspension or expulsion from the GFL and the association to a fine.
- When a coach, participant, or spectator is asked to leave the confines of the arena, the GFL Representative from the association involved must be notified.
- Officials must file a report with the on duty GFL Rep for any coach, participant or parent who is flagged, ejected or who is a disciplinary problem
- Any parent, spectator, coach or participant that approaches and/or follows a game official within the confines of the playing area and parking lot, may be subject to penalty, including suspension of the offender and/or the association, a fine to the member association, and/or expulsion of the offender and/or the member association.